Thursday, February 21, 2013

Instant Running Motivation

There will be days that you don't feel like running, and that's a fact. It's normal. As I kick-start my own running journey, I was also immediately confronted by this familiar runner's foe… 

"Laziness"

Being a newbie runner, I want to get full steam ahead in building my running habit as soon as possible, so I quickly thought of my usual ways to motivate myself into running and I want to share one of it now to you.

There are actually a lot of ways to motivate us (a running buddy/group who will push us to run, joining a race, etc.), but I think this one is my favorite: new running gears.


My running watch. Battle tested. Due for replacement.

From a simple pair of running socks to a dazzling brand new running watch with GPS and Heart monitor features, having a new gear could give us instant motivation for the simple reason that we want to try the new gear out. And it also serves as confidence boosters sometimes.

Although there is no perfect fit way to motivate each runner, this will surely help beginners and even seasoned runners in some way especially if they have the right gear (this is a new topic altogether and I will blog about it soon!).

Personally, I treat these kind of buys as investment to my health because it pushes me to live a healthy life. And I can say that investing on our health in general is one of the best investment that we can ever have. As the saying goes, health is wealth!






Got questions or ideas? Feel free to drop a comment!

2 comments: